The institute and all the functions of the institute should function in a defined system to create an appreciable environment to the process of Teaching and Learning and to the mandatory functional flows of the University.
While the disciplinary functions of the employees are taken care by the institutional management, the disciplinary and anti ragging functions of the student are taken care by the disciplinary committee of the institute.
A Senior Professor is in-charge of the committee and supported by number of faculty members from all the departments catering to all the students of all courses. The committee basically works on the following model for the student disciplinary functions.
The faculty members attached to the committee work very hard in identifying the students who are off the track and work continuously to place them to a better state with full coordination from their parents/local guardians.
This is a continuous untiring, unnoticed and unpublished appreciable effort from the faculty and all concerned.
Anti ragging is one of the important and mandatory functions of the institute. There is a standing committee of the institute to look into the anti ragging cases. Some of the parents are also members of this committee. And the committee meets frequently and as when required. The V.B.I.T counsels the students for anti ragging and follows the principle of preventive actions.
The results are extremely encouraging with the cooperation of all the faculty and students including the parents. In addition, there are student committees for anti ragging and some of the parents are also involved in helping the institute to avoid ragging.
The feed back from the parents can be provided to the institute on ragging to the e-mail id: email@example.com
- Students were counseled consistently regarding proper dress, tuck-in and wearing of Identity card
- Specific efforts to minimize the nuisance of cell phones. Separate counter to deposit the cell phones
- Undertaking from the parents of the students who were indulged in any in-disciplinary activities.
Discipline & Anti ragging Committee
S,No Name of the Member Desigination Position in IQAC
1 Dr. P. V. S. Srinivas, Principal Principal Chair Person
2 Dr. N.Goutham Rao Chairman,SVET Management Representative
3 Mr. K. Sivasankar M.D., Summation Pvt. Ltd. Industrialist
4 Mr. A. Gautam Sr. Database Administrator, W3 Softech India Pvt. Ltd. Employer
5 Dr. N. Satyanarayana Registrar Sr.Administrative Officer
6 Mrs. Ch. Suneetha Assoc. Prof., ECE Member
7 Mr. Poorna Chandra Rao Assoc. Prof., EEE Member
8 Mr. J. Raja Sekhar Asst. Prof., CSE Member
9 Mrs. Y. Srividya Asst. Prof., IT Member
10 Mr. B.Satish Kumar Assoc. Prof., ME Member
11 Mrs. D. Lakshmi Lavanya Asst. Prof., CE Member
12 Mr. M. Pavan Kumar Asst. Prof., H&S Member
13 Mr. E. Chakrapani Assoc. Prof., MBA Member
14 Dr. G. Amarendar Rao Professor, ME Special Invitee
15 Mr. G. Anil Kumar Director, IIIC Member
16 Dr. Ch. S.L.N Sridhar Vice Principal and Professor of Physics Special Invitee
17 Mrs. M. Kaveri Reddy Sarpanch, Aushapur Local body Member
18 Ms. G. Pragathi IV ME-A (17P61A0326) Student Member
19 Dr. Jayant Kulkarni Professor of Physics Director
20 Mr. K. Naresh Kumar Asst. Prof., H&S Coordinator
21 Mr. Vamsi J Krishna Program Champion, TiE Alumni Member
Following locations and timing slots are identified for careful vigilance
- 09:30 to 10:15 am – Mr. Ramulu
- 04:20 to 04:45 pm – Mr. M.Satish Mehar Kumar
- 09:30 to 10:15 am – Mr. Mr.M.Srinivas Reddy
- 04:20 to 04:45 pm – Mr. V.Sridhar Reddy
- 09:30 to 10:15 am – Mr. D.K.M.Sarma/Mr. Dharmendra kumar
- 12:10 to 12:50 pm – Mrs. G.Bhavani/Mr. Venu Gopal / Mr. Sanjeev Rao
- All bus in-charges are requested to carefully monitor the activities of senior students inrespective buses.
- Any mischievous indiscipline should be bought to the notice of concerned HODs/Principal.
- All committee members should carefully monitor the activities of senior students near bus parking area, particularly between 04:10 to 04:30 pm.
Steps of anti ragging campaign and activities
- Meeting of anti ragging committee
- Display of anti ragging posters at important locations
- Filling up anti ragging undertaking forms by II year students
- Interaction of police official with students
- Class wise counseling regarding anti ragging acts & its severe effects
- Review meeting of anti ragging committee
- Orientation program for 1st year students.
- Commencement of actual monitoring by anti ragging committee.
- Display of contact numbers of anti-ragging committee members for the information to all first year students.